Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sorry For the Delay

Hey, folks.

Ya know, when I first started this blog, I really thought I would be able to dedicate more time to it than I have so far. I mean, right now I've only posted two poems, both of which I made up on the spot (I'm sure it shows), and have failed to make a single blog entry for at least two weeks.

Sorry about that.

I wasn't planning on making excuses for my absence, but here's my excuse: I am currently writing what I hope is going to be a very very fun childrens' musical play. Several people have told me that it is very hard (very hard, they say) to find decent childrens plays nowadays, and that the good ones are so overdone that no one pays to see them because there is no such thing as a fresh take on them.

Heck, one of the theaters I took classes at as a child, Art Center of the Ozarks in Springdale, Arkansas, has put on a production of "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" during the Christmas season for the past twenty some-odd years. And sure, they get to claim it is for the sake of 'tradition,' but I'm sure if you really pushed them (maybe smacked 'um around a bit), you get them to admit that its also because "BCPE" is one of maybe two kid shows on the market today that audiences don't sleep through (and no, I don't know what the other show is).

Right now, my kids musical is set in a fairytale kingdom (wait, wait, don't close the internet window yet, despite the cliche), where a sole prince (seriously, hold on a second) decides that he would rather marry the woman that he loves than the woman that Destiny has picked out for him. I won't say too much (mostly because this is the Internet, and people steal things that other people put on the Internet) about the storyline, but I will say this: It involves a family-friendly narrator, a king's jester who raps ("All the girls with tiaras, say WHAT."), and a nerdy girl who likes toying with people. I'm really hoping it becomes Something (yes, the capital S is intentional).

So, yeah... If I don't blog for a while, I just hope you understand, it is not because I hate blogs or bloggers or blogging, but because I am writing what might turn into something really fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment